Friday, May 6

My Mum....


I have been a shocker at  posting lately..please forgive me!
My beautiful baby girl keeps me busy with  her stealth missions to destroy my house.
Today it was a little quiet as I cooked dinner. I'm on to her now! I throw down the tongs in the kitchen and begin to call her name..."Ruby, Ruby". No answer.

I turn the corner into the bathroom.
I found her.
I can see a cream all over her hands and face.
Dear Lord, I quietly pray. What is it today?

Well today my friends it was... FAKE TAN!!! OMG!!!

I am tempted to leave it on her and have her live with the consequences.
Then I realise, it would just make me look like a neglectful Mum who doesn't wash her children properly or worse...that I only bath her once a month!!!!Immediately I throw her in the bath (not literally) and begin to scrub. My face is stern and cross. I raised my voice and did the Mum rant.

Inside I'm actually smiling.
These are the things that I will remember for a lifetime.
The saying goes.."you'll look back and laugh at this". I didn't have to wait too long. My laugh bubbled up inside and I had to let it out! You probably think that I make these things up but honestly it's all true!!

No pictures today as I was a little concerned about fake tan and white bathroom tiles and sink. I don't think my husband would understand brown tiles, fake tan and a photo shoot in the middle of the chaos!! lol


I'm sure that my Mum can look back and laugh at some shockers that I had.
So today I give thanks to my special Mum who has seen all of this before.


My Mum and I a few years back

My Mum and I a few more years back!!

I love my Mum stacks. She is my best friend and I always wanted to be like her. She has a heart of gold and I believe loves us more and more each day! Thanks for being a great Mum!! Here are a few pictures I found for you....


I loved kisses!!!


My Mum and her Cheribs. (i'm the one with the bowl hair cut and fringe.I won't hold that against her..she tells me that was the fashion and I was trendy. I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe her!)


Me and my cheribs.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
my beautiful friends. I hope you are spoilt and have a wonderful day!!!

For my Mum....

You Let Me Know You Love Me


You let me know you love me
In so many different ways.
You make me feel important
With encouragement and praise.


You're always there when I need you
To comfort and to care.
I know I'm in your thoughts;
Your love follows me everywhere.


Thank you for all you've done
And given so generously.
I love you, my wonderful mother;
You're a heaven-sent blessing to me.
 
 

Love Emmaxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts